Friday, February 5, 2016

Asking for, Giving and Refusing to Give Help

Asking for, Giving and Refusing 

to Give Help


Read the dialog.
Tomas : What are you looking for?
Tania   : My mobile phone. Will you help me look for it, please?
Tomas : Sure.

The sentence "Will you help me look for it, please?" is used to ask for help. Meanwhile, the sentence "Sure" is a response showing that he agrees to give help.
The following are some expressions used to ask for, to give and refuse to give help.
Asking for Help
  • Can you help me?
  • Do me a favor, please.
  • Will you help me, please?
  • I really need your help.
Giving Help
  • Of course.
  • O.K. What can I do for you?
  • I will
  • Don't worry
Refusing to Give Help
  • Sorry I can't.
  • I'm Sorry, I can't help you.
  • Sorry, I have something important to do.
  • I know, but I can't help you right now. Sorry.
  • Some other time, O.K.?


2 comments: