Saturday, January 30, 2016

Expressions of Asking and Giving Something

Expression of Asking and 

Giving something


In the daily life we usually ask and give something to someone. There are some ays to conduct the activities. expression of asking something is the expression to ask someone to give something. Then, expression of giving something is the expression to accept an order or deliberately to give something.

Let's study the text below!
Expressions of Asking for Something
  • Could you give me...?
  • May I have...?
  • Would you like to give me...?
  • Can I have...?
  • Would you be so kind to give me...?
Responses
Accept to Give
  • Here you are
  • Of course
  • Certainly
  • This is for you
  • Okay
Deny to Give
  • Oh sorry, I can't
  • No, thank you
  • Not this time, thanks
  • No, you can't
  • I'm sorry, I wouldn't
The text above is the example of the expressions of asking for something. If you want to ask something from  someone you may use those expressions.
Example:
Nayla : I have no pencil now, can I have your pencil, please?
Rifka  : Sure, here you are.
Nayla : Thank you so much.
Rifka  : You're welcome

If you want to give something to some one, use the expresssions of giving something as the following example :
Expressions of Giving Something
  • Let me give you...
  • Would you want to accept...?
  • I'd like to give you...
  • This is for you
Responses
Accept to Give
  • Thank you
  • Okay
  • I'll be very thankful
  • Thanks a lot
Deny to Give
  • No, thank you
  • I cant't accept it
  • Not for me, thanks
  • That's very nice, but I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment