Thursday, February 4, 2016

Agreeing and Disagreeing Facts

Agreeing and Disagreeing Facts


Read the dialog.
Tania : You are new student of grade XA, right?
Tommy : That's right. And you?.
Tania : I am student of grade XB.

The sentence "That's right." is an expression used to agree a fact.
The following are some other expressions used to ask, agree and disagree facts.

Asking about Facts
  • Mr. Anton is your English Teacher, right?
  • You are the leader in your basketball team, aren't you?
  • Sita told me that you are keen on gardening.
  • Sandra is your younger sister, right?
Agreeing Facts
  • Yes, he is.
  • Yeah.
  • That's right.
  • You're right.
Disagreeing Facts
  • No, he isn't.
  • I wish. In fact, I am not
  • No, I'm not. Who said that?
  • No. You have got the wrong information.

No comments:

Post a Comment