Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Asking for, Giving, Offering and Refusing Things

Asking for, Giving, Offering and 

Refusing Things


Let's read the following dialog.
Aldi : Here is an ice cream for you.
Rafi : No, thanks. I've got influenza.
Aldi : Oh, sorry. I don't know about it.
Rafi : Never mind.

The sentence "Here is an Ice cream for you" is an expression to give something. Meanwhile, the sentence "No, thanks" is an expression to refuse something.

The following are some expressions to ask for, give, offer and refuse things.
Asking for Things
  • Can I have a bit?
  • Is it O.K if I ...?
  • May I have one ?
  • May I try it on ?
Giving Things
  • Sure. Here you are
  • Please do so
  • Please serve yourself
  • Certainly
Offering Things
  • Do you want candies?
  • Here are some oranges for you.
  • Will you have some cakes?
  • Would you like some apples?
Refusing Things
  • Thank you for your offer, but I don't want to.
  • No, thanks.
  • No need to bother, thanks.
Those are some expressions to ask for, give, offer and refuse things. Thank you for reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment